In my eternal quest for an achievable healthier lifestyle, I’m always searching for new things to include in my diet. Kale is still the superfood everyone is obsessing over, but if you’re like me, just steaming or boiling your veggies can get pretty boring. So I decided to try making kale crisps! Let me tell you they’re delicious, I even converted my Mum and Dad to them!
You will need:
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower oil (olive oil works too.)
- A bag of kale
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Generous amount of ground sea salt
- A sprinkle of black pepper.
- The first step is to preheat your oven to gas mark 3/160 celsius/325 F
- wash your kale. I used about 170g which I washed and then thoroughly dried to avoid your crisps being soggy.
- Put your kale into a large roasting tray or baking tray, spreading it in an equal layer so it cooks evenly.
- Next, drizzle your oil over the kale
- Add the garlic spices and seasoning and then give it all a good mix with your hands
until all of the kale is covered.
- Pop them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
These crisps are so delicious and perfect for a healthier alternative to crisps. You can also make them without the spices and just use salt and pepper instead.
If you try out this recipe then let me know in the comments below.I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!