I posted a picture of this photo display on my Instagram account and so many people told me how much they loved it. So I thought I’d tell you how cheap and easy it is to create this yourself.
What you need:
- 1 x ball of string.
- Wooden clothes pegs (enough for 1 per photo.)
- A smartphone.
- Fairy lights.
- Drawing pins.
It’s super simple, cheap and easy.
Although I do have a Polaroid camera, the photo paper is really expensive so it’s much cheaper to download a photo printing app instead. It also means that you can use photos from your camera roll. The app I use is called LALALAB. It’s really cheap (29p per photo depending on the size) they also have 25% off offers on every month so it’s even cheaper still. They’re shipped from Germany, you do pay a small delivery charge but they arrive quite fast.The quality of the pictures are really great too, I’ve ordered from them 3 times now and never been disappointed.
- Download a photo printing app and order your photos.
- Once they’ve arrived, measure and cut your string to size. Measure the string against the wall you’re going to use. You can make them as long as you want, however, make sure you add about 10cm of extra length so that the string forms a curved shape once you hang the photos.
- Now you’ve measured once piece, you can use that as a guide to cut however many you want. I have 3, but you can have however many you want. Don’t let me tell you how to rule your life.
- When you’re happy with the length, knot both ends of the string and pin them to the wall with the drawing pins. Again, allow the string to be slightly curved and loose, not pulled taught.
- Peg your photos onto your strings, leaving an equal gap between each of them.
- Here’s the fiddly part, thread your fairy lights through the string and in between the photos. I got mine from Primark, they were £2.50 and are battery operated, they’ve lasted me for ages so I think they’re pretty good.
You’re done. Admire your handiwork and your new Tumblr-Esque photo display. I absolutely love how this looks, it’s so simple and easy to do and looks really cool.