In a few days, I’m going off to volunteer at Reading Festival, which I’m incredibly excited about! This will be my 3rd year at Reading so I have a fair bit of experience. I thought I’d put together a list of things to take with you if you’re off to Reading this summer.
- Your ticket! Any extra passes you need.
- A tent. Sharing with your friends makes it a lot more fun and also a lot less for you to carry. Make sure your tent is waterproof and you check before you leave that you have all the poles, pegs and other bits you need.
- Sleeping bag, it does get cold at night even in August.
- Roll mat, because you will be cold and uncomfortable.
- Clothes, enough for while you’re there. Pack for all weathers. don’t forget your bucket hat and best harem pants.
- Shoes. Wellies (which hopefully you won’t need) a pair of flip-flops for around the campsite and some trainers or pumps that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Food, drinks and snacks, food at Reading is really expensive so take some supplies with you to save some money or go to Tescos when you get there and stock up.
- Money, enough to keep you going while you’re there. There are free ATMs in the arena too, but be sensible about how much you take.
- A phone, I’d recommend taking a festival phone that you don’t mind losing or damaging and that has a decent battery life. Just make sure you can get in contact with people.
- Sun cream, hopefully, we’ll be blessed with good weather!
- Baby Wipes, which I can assure you’ll use for all sorts of things.
- Antiperspirant .
- UV glow paint and glitter, definitely a must have.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash.
- Fold up chairs, which you should guard with your life.
- Alcohol or money to buy it, because let’s be honest we’re going to a music
- A lighter, even if you don’t smoke.
- Condoms, better to be safe.
- Loo roll.
- 2 Litre bottle of water which you can keep filling up and use for all sorts.
- Anti-diarrhoea tablets, paracetamol and pro-plus. You’ll thank me later.
Anything else you need that I haven’t included.
Hope that gives you a rough idea of what to take, enjoy Reading I know I will!